Wednesday 23 February 2011

The birth of on-Tenori-on

Here we are all, the place where I imagine a lot of my spare time and effort will go into: my first-ever blog on-Tenori-on. Now usually I'm rubbish at naming things but I think I did quite well for myself with this one, even if it did take me four days of looking for movie references, books and other stuff. That's the kind of guy I am. For those of you who were wondering, the Tenori-on is an electronic instrument which incorporates light and sound to create a new kind of musical experience. You could always use Wikipedia to find out more.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenori-on
They do look pretty cool but much too expensive for me. I'll leave it to you to find out how much.
Anyway, this is (or will be) a music blog where I will get to let loose my opinions on the latest tracks and albums, as well as my favourite albums and artists from years gone by. By no means do I have an encyclopedic knowledge of all there is to know, there are often times when reading about music from other sources I frequently come across names which mean nothing to me, so this will be a learning experience for me as well.
I seriously doubt this blog will get many views so if you're in the mood to suggest stuff for me to share my opinion on (particularly new music) I'll try and give it a listen and give you feedback on it, as long as it isn't the classic albums that I can give nothing but praise for (Pet Sounds, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Dark Side Of The Moon, OK Computer etc.)
I'm probably (at least to begin with) going to produce a series of lists to get the chance to talk about stuff (Top 10's, Top 5's, etc.)but I'm also thinking about doing straight reviews as well. The only thing is I'm wondering about what form scoring should take, because I don't think a 5-point system will be detailed enough for me (I'm such a snob, as you'll soon find out). On the other hand a Pitchfork-style 100-point system would be far too complicated (seriously how do they do it?). Therefore I'm likely to go for scores out of 10, but I think there may be a more interesting way. Well whatever. I'm sure I'll come up with something.

No comments:

Post a Comment